Monday, March 3, 2008

Dare 2 Share: Survive

Oh my goodness. This conference was so life changing!!! Just like Rachel, I am going to have a long post but I want people to read this and comment on it. I may even go through some of the same things that Rachel went over. So, this conference was so life changing. It made me think of what I was doing wrong in my life. I also realized that I was messing around with Christianity and I am ready to take it seriously and not mess around with it anymore. I want people to see me and know that I live my life for God and that my life is way better than the non-believers who are just messing up their lives time and time again. All of the people who would comment on here know what I am talking about, so I don't think I really have to explain everything. (Rachel, Andrew, and Jacova!!) Well, anyways, they did this skit for us that was talking about the persecution of Christians. And, I was thinking, man, I really hope this doesn't happen, but if it does happen for some reason, then I am going to die for my Jesus. He died for everyone's sins and if I have to choose whether I die because of something I believed in or live and deny Jesus, then I am so going to choose dying for Jesus. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life and I am so grateful for everything He has done for me. I mean, my life would be a total wreck without him. Also, when Greg picked Tim to talk to in front of everyone that was just amazing. It was at that moment that I realized that Tim loves us more than anybody realized. He just wants what is best for us and he wants us to live a healthy, Christian life. And when he prayed over our whole youth group...man, was that awesome! At this conference, I just coudn't stop listening to Greg, Derwin, and Zane. It's like no matter how hard I tried (which I didn't try) I just couldn't pull away from what they were saying to me. It was so not like school where I have to struggle just to listen to the lecture that my teachers give us. But I also wanted to start praising God in every little thing I do. With my homework, schoolwork, chores, and just with everything else in my life. I figured out that I just want Him to be really proud of me and that I never want to let Him down again. I mean, I am just a person and I am not perfect and I know that I am going to mess up again and again in my life. But I also know that whenever I fail, I am going to get back up on my feet and try again. But today when I was at school, I found myself praying all day. I mean, I would pray that God would help me pay close attention in school, and that I could make it through the day without being mean to anyone and wow, He really helped me out. I mean, I felt like I could take on the world's highest mountain today. It was incredible at how much he helped me. And, I have said many times that I am really scared to go to high school. But when Lincoln Brewster introduced that song to us, I really took the part that said, "I WON'T WORRY 'BOUT TOMORROW, I'M TRUSTING IN WHAT YOU SAY" to heart. I am going to live by that and try to live the way that God wants me to live. I am so in love with God!!

1 comment:

rAcHeL said...

thats really great brooke! i read the whole thing! honestly! i feel the same way and i am really proud of you for taking the double dare!